Varnish Controller 5.1.0
Published February 23, 2023.
Note: All components needs to be upgraded for this release, see versioning.
The release includes bug fixes, new features and improvements.
- Support for custom headers in router health checks.
- Support for CNAME for external routes.
- External routes location template support (for custom location format).
getent used as fallback to get uid/gid for components running as a user/group (to support IDM).
- Flatbuffer schema for gRPC plugin now includes tags for endpoints and support for rejection decision.
- Support for reject decision routes in the router.
- Support for regexp routing decision.
X-Routed-For header for routed requests in a shared Varnish instance.
- DebugHeader for RoutingRules, to only show debug information if a configured header is present.
- UI: There is now a way to send varnishadm command to varnish servers.
- UI: Now using Gzip or Brotli for compression.
- UI: Updated the visual appearance of the graphs.
- Fixes an issue with
varnish_stat_id_seq max ID error in the database.
- Bug fixes for monitoring of agents during invalidation.
- Improvements to deployment of VCLGroups.
- Configuration file for the VCLI now have a stricter permission policy.
- UTC used for the database to avoid time zone issues.
- Router now reports correct NS records for private routers.
- Request logging (to stdout) in the router now logs failed requests as well.
- Fixes a bug where login via API required content-type application/json.
- Validation added for two or more VCLGroups with same domain cannot use different RoutingRules.
- Validation added to verify that healthcheck window-size and threshold must be larger than 0.
- Various updates to VCLI help outputs.
- TTL for NS records is now correct for the Request Router.
- All components build with Go 1.20.
- UI: Can now handle larger datasets more efficiently in CIDR and ASN routing decisions.
- UI: Fixed a bug in editor related to comments and includes.
- UI: Fixed a issue with CSRF token.
- UI: Various bug fixes and improvements to the dashboard.
- UI: Fixed an issue where large VCLs could get a timeout during the compilation stage.
- UI: Improved filter and search in data tables.
- UI: Improved a11y.
See Varnish Controller Changelog for more details on the changes and the upgrade notes for more details on how to upgrade.
Take a look at the Varnish Controller Deprecation page to prepare for upcoming major changes.
This update is recommended for all users.